Hai Trieu Nguyen
Nature Conservation Council of NSW, Environmental Advocacy Internship
"The internship program was designed to let me reflect upon my work, which I don't normally do, and I think that is excellent. I found that I was able to think critically about my accomplished tasks, hence reinforcing my learning and understandings at work. I felt that it has been a good guidance and it would be beneficial if I continue to apply this reflection method later on my future jobs."
Enhance your studies, expand your horizons and develop your career opportunities by including an internship in your postgraduate degree.
It is now more important than ever that graduates are able to show prospective employers that they are able to operate in a professional environment.
Internships are a great opportunity to gain real-world work experience and receive academic credit while completing your studies at Macquarie University.
Faculty of Arts offers internships in the following programs:
- Master of International Communication
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Politics and Public Policy
- Master of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism
- Master of International Security Studies
- Master of Policy and Applied Social Research
Benefits of an Internship
- Safe, supportive way to get a taste of your future career
- Put your theoretical knowledge to the test
- Add diversity to your academic program
- Excellent addition to your resume
- Build your industry contacts through networking
- Add diversity to your study program
- Learn more about your yourself and your strengths and weaknesses
- Develop transferable skills such as communication, teamwork and problem-solving.