Skip to Content

How To

Disruption to studies

You must notify the University of a disruption of studies if you are unable to complete an assessment on time, or attend the requisite number of classes, or attend an exam.

For more information, read the Disruption to Studies Policy or submit a query via

Back to top ^

Change Unit of Study

Change of unit enrolment is available for currently enrolled students who wish to change their study program. Change of unit enrolment can be performed on eStudent.

For more information, see the 'Changing your units of study ' website.

Back to top ^

Change Major

If you wish to change your major online, you will need to submit an online request via When submitting the request, please state 'Change of Major' in the 'Question' field.

For more information, see the 'Change of Major' website.

Back to top ^

Course Transfer (Change your degree)

Course transfer involves one of these processes:

  1. Changing from your current degree to a different degree
  2. Changing to the newest curriculum for your current degree
  3. Changing the qualifying major in your current degree to a major in a different faculty

For more information, see the 'Course transfer' website.

Back to top ^

Lodge Grade Appeals

The Grade Appeal process is available to help you resolve any problems with your final grade. It is expected that if you have a problem with a grade on an individual assessment task that you will discuss this with your unit convenor. If you experience an event that causes an unexpected and unavoidable disruption to your studies, either during the semester or the formal exam period please notify the University of a Disruption to Studies.

A Grade Appeal can only be lodged on specific grounds. Please ensure you understand these grounds clearly before submitting any application.

Grade Appeals are lodged through the Ask MQ student enquiry and request system.

The absolute deadline for submission of a Grade Appeal will be 20 working days from the published result date for the relevant unit. Any exceptions to this requirement will require documented exceptional circumstances and approval by the Deputy Registrar. Check Important Dates for the published result dates for the session of the unit for which you are lodging an appeal. If you do not meet these deadlines the resolution of any grading problems will be delayed and may not be finalised prior to the start of the following semester.

Where a student believes there has been a procedural irregularity in the consideration of their Grade Appeal, they may then submit an appeal to the University Grading Appeals Committee (addressed to the Deputy Registrar) within five (5) days of receiving the outcome for Grade Appeal.   

Back to top ^

Apply for Academic Transcript

An official academic transcript includes yearly enrolment details, units, results, credit points, course completion and/or conferral of award details, as well as all fails and withdrawals. Apply for an Official Academic Transcript at Student Connect.

Back to top ^

Apply for Waiver / Special Approval

The term "special approval" may refer to waivers, Dean of Faculty Approvals, or Third Time Permissions.

To submit a Special Approval (waiver) request, you will need to:

  1. Log in at
  2. Click 'Special Approval (waiver)' from the 'My Stuff' menu on the left
  3. Fill in the required fields as prompted. Once you have completed filling out the information, please click on 'Submit.'

To attach a supporting document, click 'Add a reply,' 'Browse,' then add the scanned document. You will receive in automated receipt email after submission to your Macquarie University student email account. Note, waivers need to be submitted per unit, i.e. separate online applications.

You can submit an online enquiry if you require further assistance.

Back to top ^

Enrol in more than 14 Credit Points

You should submit a more than 14 credit point application if you wish to undertake additional credit points, above the University's recommended maximum credit point load of 14cp per semester. You will need to see an appropriate academic adviser in the Faculty to get them to sign off on your proposed extra unit before submitting this application to Student Connect, Level 2 MUSE C7A.

Back to top ^

Get Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL)

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is given for recognised tertiary-level studies undertaken at other accredited institutions. When granted, RPL counts towards the credit point requirement for your degree.

For more information, see the 'Recognition of Prior Learning' website.

Back to top ^

Request for Special Exam Conditions

The Campus Wellbeing & Support Services can provide assistance with arranging special provisions for exams. More information can be found on the Campus Life website.

Back to top ^

Prepare for Graduation

To help you prepare for graduation, please see Macquarie's Graduation Policy.

Back to top ^

Timetables and Exams

See the 'Timetables' website or 'Exams' website for more information.

Back to top ^