Learn an ancient language over the winter break
Page last published: 02 May 2013
The Macquarie Ancient Languages Winter School is back again in 2013! Registrations are now open for these highly popular and very engaging sessions.
The Macquarie Ancient Languages School offers a wide range of courses in Classical and Koine Greek, Latin, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Classical Hebrew, Coptic, Akkadian, Sanskrit and others. There are also opportunities to read Greek papyri and inscriptions, based on material held in the Museum of Ancient Cultures.
The 2013 Winter School includes Aramaic and Coptic at beginners level; Hieratic, Akkadian and Old Norse at intermediate level; as well as our core languages of Classical and Koine Greek, Latin, Egyptian Hieroglyphs and Classical Hebrew all offered at both intermediate and advanced level.
- Where: Museum of Ancient Cultures, Building X5B, level 3, Macquarie University
- When: Monday to Friday, 1 – 5 July, two sessions daily
- Time: 9.00 am – 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm – 5.00 pm each day
- Cost: $110/full rate, $90/concession rate for each course. Late applications accepted at $130/$110. Early bird rates close 3 June
- Parking: Parking fees apply. X3 and W4 carparks are designated for casual parking.